Sunday 19 May 2019

Rainbow Bird

This weekend's offering is the beautiful kingfisher designed by Maria Kitano for Crafty Individuals.

I tried this stamp out using a couple of techniques, first on watercolour card and the second, which I will show here, is stamped on cream card and painted with distress ink. The background is also a Crafty Individuals stamp where I used distress ink (cracked pistachio and mermaid lagoon) and spritzed with a little water. I like the watercolour effect fading away in the background.


Stamps used : Crafty Individuals CI-430 and CI-510

"Rainbow bird - that sets the stream alight with burn and glitter!" - Robert Macfarlane


2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty background for your kingfisher! Don't know if my comment worked on the previous post....lovely!


    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear - I've been a terrible visitor lately. This kingfisher has put a smile on my face though... beautiful, delicate colouring and the flourish in the background is lovely.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete