Monday, 23 September 2013

Experiments in Miniature

Today is my recovery day from visiting Ally Pally at the weekend. I have to say, getting a ticket for two days was much more relaxing, more time to watch the demos and to remember what I saw. I am exhausted, I blame the hike up that hill from the carpark but its a good excuse to do nothing today other than play in my craft room.

I revisited brayered backgrounds this afternoon, its been some years since I used this technique. I have to say, its much easier when the end result is a 2 inch by 2 inch square.

Kaleidacolor dye inkpad : Caribbean Sea
Moon stamp : Stampscapes
Mushrooms : Lavinia Stamps
Make a Wish sentiment : Papermania

I will enter this one for the September Twinchies Challenge where the theme is "Anything Goes".

My second experiment was a technique I saw at the show yesterday using distress ink and water. I used Adirondack Woodlands dye ink for the background, I don't know why, I have plenty of distress ink but it is water based so the technique works.
Spritz the rubber stamp with water and stamp it on the background then dry it with a heat gun. The result looks like this:

The water removes the ink and leaves a fuzzy impression, a bit messy at this stage but the next bit is really good. I overstamped it with Adirondack dye based ink in Red Pepper and this is the finished leaf. I like this. Credit to the demonstrator on the Stamps Away stand for this technique which I will try out again on something bigger.

The September theme at the Show us Your Twinchies blog is "Autumn and Autumn Colours" so this fits the theme for that challenge.

I hope you enjoyed my experiments and hopefully I will not leave it so long before posting again. September has been a busy month!