Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Nautical Knots

I really liked the knot that Chrissie used on her card for the Less is More Challenge : Week 143. The challenge is to use string or twine. Following the instructions in her link I made the knot in bakers twine and it looks nautical so I constructed my nautical card around the knot .
For instructions to tie the knot, follow the link on the Less is More Challenge blog.

Hobby Art Harbour set - Yacht, sea gulls and water stamps
Background for the focal image coloured with pan pastels and promarkers for the Yacht
Bakers twine
Blue and white cardstock
Anchor charm from a bag of charms bought on ebay

My friend's son has a birthday on Friday so this one will be going to him.

Saturday, 26 October 2013

Santa is Distressed

A quick update on my Christmas card making.
This one was quite quick and easy to do. Snowflake Fresco Finish acrylic paint dry brushed onto a square piece of Kraft card. The Tim Holtz vintage Santa, poinsettias and sentiment are stamped using coffee archival ink and the panel edged with Cosmic Shimmer gliding flakes (Warm Sunrise).

Friday, 25 October 2013

Twinchie Doodles

The theme for the Twinchie Challenge this week is to do some doodling so here is my Christmas Tree twinchie.
I used TH Distress ink in Evergreen Bough through a tree stencil, outlined the tree and doodled in it. I then added doodled lines around the border and that is it done.
I hope you like it.

Tuesday, 22 October 2013


The Less is More challenge this week is Trees. Here is my entry, a Christmas card made with a Christmas Tree mask and sparkle medium.

That Special Touch Mica Mask - Christmas Trees by Creative Expressions
Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium - Champagne
Rubber stamp Merry Christmas sentiment from PaperArtsy JOFY 19
Little crosses from Anna Marie Christmas Tree set
Kraft Card
Mounted on white 6 x 6 cardstock

I used the sparkle medium on the mask and cut out the triangular trees. I then mounted them on the Kraft card and added the sentiment and kisses. The larger tree in the middle is mounted on foam pads.

Sunday, 20 October 2013

12 Tags of 2013 - October

I like to do Tim's Tags each month, I like to improvise if I don't have the ingredients, however ..... this one has cost me money!
Click here for Tim's Tutorial .

I started about a week ago with the background. I don't have the Distress paints but I do have PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints. It is 10pm and I'm on the floor in my spare bedroom marbelling paint! A nice messy job but I'm pleased with my background.
The following night I am feeling smug, I have the lovely frame die in my stash already. I don't have grunge board but I do have grunge paper so I cut the frame. I don't have any Distress Glitter, in fact I don't have any purple glitter either and I wish I did because I'd like to try that. I found some dark purpley green fine glitter and used that instead.

No moon and owl die, what a shame.
I planned to draw a moon and cut it out and use a small Tando wooden owl that I have already. The owl looked stupid on the tag and didn't I use that same owl last year on the October Tim tag? Yes, I think I did.
I have a half finished tag and I am not happy!
Yes, you guessed, I bought the owl and moon die and whilst I was about it I bought some mustard seed distress glitter as well. It is lovely, I don't normally like glitter but this stuff is crunchy and I like the textured finish. I decided not to put glitter on my owl having overdosed on the glitter stuff already so my owl was inked with black soot distress ink and then covered in glossy accents. I have a shiny owl and I like him.
I have no metal stars so I used some metal squares I found in my stash.
Here is my tag, a bit of an effort this month but at least I managed to complete the project.

Monday, 14 October 2013

Cabin by the Lake

Here is a little project from my weekend using my new Stampscape stamps to build a scene. I saw this demo'd at Ally Pally in September so the idea is not my own but the colours are my choice and I have adapted it a bit. Thanks to Shirley from Serendipity for this one. The background is brayered and the images stamped in black archival ink.

Ink used for the background : Kaleidacolor Caribbean Sea