Sunday 12 May 2019

Moon Pods

I had some playtime today with Lavinia stamps and distress oxides. Here are the results using my new Moon Pods stamp.


Frayed burlap, antique linen and faded jeans distress oxide inks with some frayed burlap distress ink on the edges. The fairy barnacle is stamped with VersaFine Clair (Twilight), my first time using Versafine Clair. It is good for detail stamps and is very juicy, maybe because it is new. The moon pods and sprite are stamped using VersaFine black ink and the picture is finished off with a sprinkling of fairy dust (frosted lace stickles).

... and here is a small panel showing off the lovely detail on the moon pods.


For the background on this one I used faded jeans, antique linen and aged mahogony distress oxides on watercolour card stock. 

I hope you like them.
Back soon, off to wash my inky fingers.



5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, these are gorgeous, Julia, the contrast of the black against the fantastic backgrounds are stunning, love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anu. I really appreciate you taking the time to make comments, it motivates me to keep going with the artwork!

      Delete
  2. Cool pictures. I especially like the pink one, gravity defying and ethereal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The pink one is more of a brown/pink in real life. The sun on the photo does make it look very pink.

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty stamp. I love it in both colour ways, but the moonlit one is truly magical.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete