Friday 30 November 2012

Christmas Sparkles

A couple of last minute Christmas cards finished last weekend that I have been meaning to post all week.
I will call this one "SnowFlake Magic";


White card embossed with dots for the background.
The sentiment is from an IndigoBlu Christmas set stamped in Midnight Colorbox Cats Eye pigment ink and mounted on blue velum. Add navy blue velvet ribbon and a wooden snowflake inked in the same colour with a gem in the centre for sparkle.
The sentiment reads "When the moon shines on the snow at the eve of night and everything is silent, listen to the sound of pure magic." 

My second card is not an original idea as it was inspired by an example I saw at The Craft Barn recently. For this card I used a Dreamweaver penguin stencil and Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium in Antique Bronze. This is mounted on copper mirri card for the border.


The challenge at Less is More this week is Week 95 Recipe : Glamour and Glitz so I think I will enter my penguins for that challenge, its glitzy with the sparkle medium and I think the penguins look quite glamourous in their sparkly outfits.



4 comments:

  1. hi julia... i just love those penguins
    thanks for joining us

    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful though the snowflake is probably my favourite, I suspect that the penguins look much better in real life!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piękne pingwiny- sam pomysł jest po prostu świetny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards--I love the penguins.

    Best wishes Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete