Sunday 2 December 2018

Festive Overlays

More Christmas cards have been made in super quick time thanks to Tim Holtz 2018 Holiday Hacks YouTube video inspiration. Here is the video if you have not seen it :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6UI-lKvOl4

My cards, all stamped with Distress ink (not oxides);


I've also used the same stamps for some other designs which are my own, here is one example;


The small holly branch makes a nice background but the interesting thing with this one was the blue that comes out in the stamping when you use frayed burlap distress oxide. I think my stamp was slightly damp when I stamped with it as it had been cleaned previously with a baby wipe.

This is a great set, probably my favourite of the 2018 TH Christmas release.

The Country View Challenge theme for December is Christmas so I would like to enter my stag Christmas card in that challenge.




3 comments:

  1. Lovely overlayed stamping to create some really elegant CAS cards. I particularly like the last one with the blue/burlap holly. I haven't played much with the Frayed Burlap, but you've tempted me now!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stamping! I've yet to watch the videos.....too much happening here!

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete