Sunday 15 July 2018

Artist Trading Coins

The hot weather is getting to me, making me lethargic. To get motivated to do something, I watched a couple of YouTube videos today hoping to get a bit of inspiration. I'm never disappointed, there is so much talent out there.

I found a great demo/tutorial by Mike Deakin for Artist Trading Coins (AT Coins), a new trend in miniature works of art which I had not tried until today.
Here is the link to Mike's blog with the video embedded:
https://mikedeakinart.com/other-mixed-media/snippits-artist-trading-coins/

I pretty much followed the tutorial but I used Fresco paints for my backgrounds. These are fun to make and a good size for experiments too. I like to make small things. The coins are 2.5 inches in diameter.

Here are my coins :


Ingredients I used:
Paperartsy Fresco Paints 
Tim Holtz Paper Dolls
Tim Holtz Big Chat stickers
Potting soil archival ink

Happy Sunday everyone. x

3 comments:

  1. What lovely little pieces! The colours remind me of rain, for some reason, in a good way :) Fab stuff, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty colours, Im itching to have a crafting session but pup is not giving me the chance yet.....also not got the right stuff here at the chalet!

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the buttons, something 1960s and 1890s about them

    ReplyDelete