Sunday 20 May 2018

Vintage Neutrals

PaperArtsy challenge Topic 9 : Vintage Neutrals.

A great topic and some fabulous inspiration on the PaperArtsy blog. For my project I decided on a tag and my inspiration was Alison Bomber's beautiful tag which you can see under the above link.
My tag is nothing like Alison's apart from using Tim Holtz paper dolls for the focal image. I have used one of Alison's lovely quotes from the Dreaming and Doing set (Eclectica EAB07).


I started with a painted background with Chutney and Tikka Fresco paint which looked too dark so I knocked it back with some watered down gesso. Still too dark so I dry brushed chalk fresco paint on top of that. Then I used a Kay Carley stencil (PS061) to add some leaf fronds. The paint I used was Irish Cream.
I tried a bit of crackle glaze which worked a little but not very well, I will need to practice.

I added some flowers from ESC03 by Scrapcosy stamped with watering can archival ink and stamped the quote on a Tim Holtz die cut wood plank which I had painted with chalk and white fire paint. A couple of brads and a button to finish it off.

The photo looks a bit blue, that's the photography, there is no blue on my tag!

A great topic again and a chance to use some paper dolls. I am quite pleased with this one.





5 comments:

  1. What a lovely tag background for these adorable young ladies!

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Julia, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely gentle colours to go with the gentle words and those two sweet girls. An absolutely gorgeous tag in perfect vintage neutrals!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely tag Julia! I intended to use a paper doll on mine too but then I just HAD to try my new stamp...

    ReplyDelete