Monday 16 October 2017

Stamping with Water

I am still playing with Distress Oxides, I don't think I will ever tire of experimenting with them.
Here are some experiments using water with stamps and stencils.


Background : Distress Oxides applied with a foam applicator - wild honey, spiced marmalade and frayed burlap. Starting in the middle of the card panel with the lightest colour and blending out to the frayed burlap at the edges. Then with a background stamp, I used a Tim Holtz floral background stamp, spritz the stamp with water and stamp it on the card. The water reacts with the oxide ink and removes some of the colour.
I like this one, it looks like vintage wallpaper.


The same idea with this one but this time I used a stencil (Tim Holtz : Shattered). Spritz the stencil with water and stamp with it, hold it in place for about a minute with a piece of kitchen roll on top of it to soak up any water that seeps out. 
This one looks like a spiders web. 

I used the background to make an Autumn panel. 
Stamps used : PaperArtsy ESC05 by Scrapcosy and PaperArtsy ELB29 by Lin Brown.


Stamping with water is easy and lots of fun. Don't use too much water, just enough to make the stamp or stencil wet but not dripping. 

Bye x



2 comments:

  1. Scrumptious water-stamping with the Oxides... must try that next time I have craft-table time (not for a while, sadly). I love those roses - they look like part of some faded antique wallpaper, and the cobweb is magical.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love these backgrounds, thank you for the tutorial! I must try it. Your autumnal panel is gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete