I made two twinchies with the same image. The first is stamped in black on a distress ink blended background. I used squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, peeled paint and mowed lawn. The butterfly is coloured with spiced marmalade distress marker. I added some black diamond stickles on the antennae and randomly on the card.
The second one is a prettier version. The background is worn lipstick distress ink lightly applied with a duster brush. Then I used wild honey and worn lipstick through a stencil to add some interest to the background. I like the way these two colours blend. The butterfly is stamped with rose bud memento dew drop and coloured with promarkers. Then I added a couple of gems.
I think I prefer the darker grungier one, I'm not sure. Perhaps I should have tried a watercolour version after all.
I got carried away the the butterfly and decided to make it into a card.
Black diamond stickle dots are added to the embossed frame which I coloured with mowed lawn and mustard seed ink and mounted on yellow textured cardstock. The edges were tinted with black soot distress ink to match the black accents and mounted on a white 6 x 6 card. A small bit of black soot got onto the frame hence the black paper flower which I think may have ruined the card. The yellow is too bright, I should have sanded it down I think.
You might have guessed I am not happy with this. I need to go do something else!