Friday 10 May 2013

For Those in Peril ......

I've missed a few months of the Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2013 but having a few days off work this week I had a go at the May technique using rub ons. I'm not keen on them but had a sheet of vintage nautical images that I bought years ago and never used so they were ideal to use to try out the technique that Tim descibes this month. Details are on his blog so I won't repeat them here.

Its as well the tag should be inspired by Tim's example as I had none of the materials used except distress stains and ink. So, the main image is from a PaperArtsy set, the rub-ons represent the sea and in particular fishermen. I didn't think the film strip tape suited the theme of my tag so I used rope instead. The distress stain colours I used were Stormy Sky, peeled paint, dried marigold and shabby shutters.

Here is my tag:

I have a number of ancestors who were seafaring folk, including my Great Grandfather who was a fisherman and a volunteer lifeboat man so it was nice to do this tag with him in mind.

All the best,
Julia

3 comments:

  1. It may have taken off in a new and wonderful direction, but this is a great take on the May tag... wonderful images, and strong, vintage colours - I love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how we can all come up with our own variations of Tim's tags and they are so varied!I love that rope you've used for this tag Julia -the end result is most artistic :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for days off work so you can do some art. Love the end result.

    ReplyDelete