Sunday 28 October 2012

Snowflakes, Embossing and a Tiny Bit of Bling

"Less is More": Week 91 Sketch 7

The challenge this week is to use a sketch and I particularly like this one as well as all of Chrissie's examples. The example with the dry embossed panels was one I really wanted to try and I am also starting to worry that I've not progressed with my Christmas card making so I decided to make a card with a snowflake theme.





I don't have many embossing folders but I have a border snowflake one which was a freebie with a magazine plus the Cuttlebug polka dots which is one of my favourites. I embossed using coordinations and bazzill cardstock and cut the panels to size, then mounted them on silver. The snowflake "ribbon" was made with a Martha Stewart punch and tiny star shaped gems added to the centres. I finished it off with a die cut sentiment from Craftwork Cards. This was simple and I like the layout.

Here is my entry for the challenge:


1 comment:

  1. This looks great Julia. I love that snowflake embossing folder!
    A super start to your Christmas card inventory!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lear is More

    ReplyDelete