Saturday 24 February 2018

Watercolours

We are not under the sea this week although I was tempted to enter the PaperArtsy challenge with yet another nautical project. The theme for Topic 3 is watercolours.
I had great fun watching YouTube videos so decided to have a go at using watercolour paints as I have a small travel sized tin of them.

I started off playing with a couple of techniques just to experiment.



I rather liked the cling film effect. I've used that in the past with acrylic paint but never watercolours, interesting texture, I like it.

So using a piece of watercolour card I taped it to a craft mat and applied some paint. Then scrunched up some cling film and laid it on top.


I wasn't sure how long to leave it but walked away for a bit, removed the cling film and dried it off with a heat gun. I was quite pleased with that background.

I decided it needed something bold for the focal image so I used a stencil with glitter paste. The stencil is PaperArtsy PS090 by Sara Naumann.


The sentiment is from PA Eclectica ELB29 by Lin Brown which I thought fit with the little birds sitting on the wire.

OK, that's it for today, I'm off to enter this one into the challenge and see what others have done.

Bye x


9 comments:

  1. Cool technique - love your card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to play with cling film! I'm intrigued by the oil pastel resist....

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you I have never tried cling film with watercolours, love that effect. Thanks for sharing your experiments Julia, very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Julia, really lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool technique ! great results !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great experimenting and a fabulous result! Love it! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, the cling film background looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card,Julia, I love this Cling film technique too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a simple but effective technique Julia. Love the stamps too. x

    ReplyDelete