Saturday 19 August 2017

Craft Barn Twelve Month Challenge : August

This is my August page for the Craft Barn Twelve Month Challenge.
The verse this month is :

August brings the sheaves of corn,
Then the harvest home is borne.

I've been thinking about this one for two weeks, we have to include a tractor. All that kept spinning around in my head with this one was corn dollies. Should I draw a tractor with a corn dolly driving it, maybe a corn dolly with a tractor as an embellishment or a row of corn dollies and tractors in a field. There are so many ways to interpret that verse and I have no tractor stamps and no corn stamps so time to improvise.


The corn dolly and vintage tractor images were printed from the internet and colour tinted with inktense pencils. The background is a print of a photograph I took last week in the vegetable garden at Chartwell. A different kind of page this time, no stamping at all.


8 comments:

  1. I'm really disappointed you didn't go for the corn dolly driving the tractor!! Seriously though I love the overall colour scheme and admire your improvisation. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The corn dolly driving the tractor would have been such fun! However, I really like your final page and thank you for joining the Craft Barn Month Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your veggie photo makes the perfect background xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! The corn dolly is wonderful. It would have been fun to see him driving a tractor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this collage and that background photo is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the Internet was a friend to lot of us this month! Your photograph made a beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page and all the elements work very well together! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely vintage images - I think you've done a great job from the prompt.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete