Sunday 12 June 2016

Stars

The theme for the Craft Barn two weekly challenge is stars. All I could think of was stencilled stars as a background, that was what I wanted to do and I really have no idea what came into my head but I ended up with this card.


I stamped the focal image (JOFY JM30) and masked it out then add the stars with a Tim Holtz star stencil using Abandoned Coral TH Distress ink trying to fade the stars out in the middle around the pile of gifts. The edges are highlighted with Black Soot distress ink and to finish off the background I doodled around some of the stars. The gifts are coloured with distress pens.

I am not very happy with it, I think it is missing something but am not sure what. Maybe it should have a sentiment? Maybe it would have been better as a star background with a quote or sentiment as the focal image. I'll post it anyway, I have run out of steam with this one.

3 comments:

  1. Love the air-brushed look of your stars - and I think the gifts make a great focal image. Maybe a sentiment on a banner over the top at some point - you know how I love words with my pictures!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely JOFY stamps, something is missing but I can't put my finger on it either :-(

    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I love it! The doodling around the stars finishes it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete