Thursday 25 September 2014

Mini Seed Book

I missed the deadline for the Artful Times Challenge this fortnight as I was away but will post my mini-book anyway.
The challenge was to make a book that measures no more than 3 inches by 2 inches. When I was away visiting my Mum she gave me some seeds from her wallflower plant so that gave me the idea to make a seed book.



The book was made from Kraft card, one piece of card measuring 6 " by 2 " scored and folded. Then decorated with Papermania gardening paper with Chitchat stickers and buttons added to the front.


Inside the book I made a mini envelope from vellum for the seeds. The book pages are just folded white copy paper sewn into the fold with bakers twine.
I might carry this one around in my bag just in case I find seeds and I can make notes of where I found them and what they are.


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! I must remember that for a couple of my keen gardener friends :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely idea for a special little gift.

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete