Sunday 7 September 2014

Mini Bird House

My contribution for the Artful Times Challenge 63 is a literal translation this time. The theme is to use a house shape so I have painted a mini birdhouse and decorated it.



The house was made of wood so I painted it with white gesso and then painted the walls with yellow acrylic paint, Banana Custard from Indigo Blu. It is a banana yellow, a great name don't you think.
The roof was covered in Flitter Glu and some Yorkshire Dales mega flakes applied, I'm pleased with the roof, the colours of Yorkshire Dales flakes are just stunning. Its a shame I've used them all up now, I might have to invest in another pot.
I die cut the tiny bird from some Kraft Core card in brown and stuck him on the front of the house. Then I added leaf ribbon and some paper flowers and gems from my stash.
The house is only 2 1/2 inches from the base to the apex of the roof, it is tiny.
I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it.




5 comments:

  1. Very cute little birdie house Julia, and such a nice cheery yellow :-) (also love the colour of your walls!!!)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute and a gorgeous yellow too. Wish I could see the roof irl because I bet it looks stunning. Looks really good as it is I must admit.
    Thanks for joining us again at Artful Times.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours you've used would brighten any winter day. Nice one Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it - its so cute thanks for visiting my blog x Hilda

    ReplyDelete