Sunday 9 December 2012

A Voyage of Discovery

Christmas cards completed and ready to write and post so it was a nice change yesterday to make a birthday card for my Uncle.


The stamp is by Crafty Individuals CI-295 Discovery.
I used pastel chalks to colour tint the background in aqua and light brown and stamped the image twice so I could cut out the ship, colour it with distress markers (broken china and old paper) and decoupage it to add some dimension. I mounted it on kraft cardstock and punched holes on the side and cut into the card to make it look like a page torn from a book. The birthday wishes sentiment is from Craftwork cards, colour tinted with chalk to match the background.
I hope he likes it.

Hope you are all having a great weekend and not getting too stressed out about the Christmas preparations!

2 comments:

  1. i saw 3 ships come sailing....is it not great to be free of the christmas cards & able to move onto something else :-)

    sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I received your card in the week, very nice - Thank you. Yours is on its way to the chalet :-)

      Delete