Saturday 8 September 2012

Less is More : Foliage

I enjoyed this challenge for week 84 at Less is More as it was an opportunity to use one of my favourite, and possibly oldest, rubber stamps from the Stampendous Petite Point Collection called Small Maple Points. The falling leaves were stamped directly onto white cardstock using ColorBox cats eye chalk in burnt sienna, blush rose, cadmium yellow and orange. The words are from Clarity Stamps and are stamped using black archival ink.
I was well out of my comfort zone with this challenge, I seldom use words and sentiments on my work but inspired by the examples by others I gave it a go and I do quite like it. I like the font on that stamp. Its quite tricky having the confidence to "go for it" as well, to commit to arranging the images on one layer. I probably need to improve on my photography as well but I reckon the mat for the background works with this one.


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful autumnal colours, and pretty leaves, a great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful. The colours are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Julia - you wasted no time! Far too nice here today to craft so maybe tomorrow ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card, I love the stamp and the colours are gorgeous.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely leaf stamp and colours and that is a fab sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card. Love the stamp and your colours are gorgeous.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is terrific Julia... one layer shouldn't be too terrifying from now on!
    Super card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, the leaf stamp and colours you have used are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola Julia, beautiful card, gorgeous colouring and amazing sentiment.
    Good work!
    A hug from Palma de Mallorca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card, Julia. I love the sentiment you used here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and what a good text, love it.
    Greetings Caroline, Terneuzen Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's good you "gave it a go" because this is gorgeous one layer card. Great design and colour combination. I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely, the colours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A terrific leaf image and love the way you have placed them on the card, fab colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cracking job Julia, you;ve nailed OL compeltely!
    Fabulous card

    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less si More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a beautiful card, well done, super colours and you're right it's a great sentiment too, :0) Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really lovely Julia! I like the colours you've used and I think the sentiment is great on the front like this.

    ReplyDelete